Veloklub is the first social marketplace and media platform dedicated to the modern cyclist. We offer curated collections and exclusive drops from the world’s most innovative cycling, streetwear, and activewear brands and collaborate with artists and personalities on daily editorials, stories, and films. We are a one-stop-shop, merging an interactive shopping experience along with original and impactful content to bring you the best and finest in cycling culture and lifestyle.
The VP of Content will lead the development and execution of compelling content initiatives in all forms. An expert in brand consistency and establishing a strong media presence, you will bring vision, knowledge, and collaboration to the company’s online editorial efforts that execute the brand’s mission, vision, and voice. You will build and foster meaningful and collaborative partnerships with brands and third party production companies, and leverage original content to help strengthen consumer-brand relationships and ensure the best ideas become reality.
As a young startup that continues to evolve, we are looking for a proactive, hands on, details-obsessed content leader who is eager to take on new challenges, drive projects forward, and can wear multiple hats that go beyond your own role. This fundamental role is for you if you have editorial rigor, a global mindset, can oversee project management as well as production, and have the ability to manage multiple projects through inception to delivery. Most importantly, you know the in-and-outs of the cycling world, and given a relatively blank slate you are ready to push the limits of editorial e-commerce and mold Veloklub into a media entity in its own right.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behavior.
- You will coordinate, plan, and operate campaigns and assets we produce, including e-commerce product content to bigger campaign landing pages and articles, social visuals and graphics in line with company objectives.
- You will align editorial and business goals while supervising staff and budgets.
- You will manage our creative team of copywriters and designers.
- You will work cross-functionally with all stakeholder departments, manage internal content programs and initiatives.
- You will create a pipeline of content through a thoughtful and comprehensive development process in partnership with brands and third party production companies.
- You will create an atmosphere of innovation and one that values creativity along with operational excellence.
- You will operate with a deep understanding of data, industry insights, trend indicators, business drivers paired with strong instincts and an appetite for experimentation.
What you MUST have:
- You are cycling obsessed with best-in-class media expertise.
- 10+ years experience in a strategic content/development/production environment, including experience in online marketing, and/or growth team.
- Digital and/or traditional media background preferred.
- 5 years leadership experience managing multifaceted teams and demonstrated success in past positions.
- Big picture thinker. In order to do this job well you have to be able to see into the future and execute rapidly.
- Possess strong relationship building/partnering skills with the ability to work with varying levels of contributors and management.
- Experience working with production companies, managing series development, idea generation and production plans.
- Strong, clear and exquisite communication skills both verbal and written; ability to present at all levels.
- Self-motivated, action-driven, with an acute attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills, with an excellent sense of prioritization and timing.