Veloklub is the first social marketplace and media platform dedicated to the modern cyclist, showcasing curated collections and exclusive drops from the world’s most innovative cycling brands in collaboration with artists, personalities, streetwear, and activewear brands. Our platform offers an interactive shopping experience along with original and impactful content, including daily editorials, stories, films, and documentaries all centered around cycling culture and lifestyle.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to help design and implement new features across multiple backend applications. As a senior presence and a core individual contributor on a small team, you will play a key role in both enhancing a Ruby on Rails backend at the heart of the business and building out a new, more scalable service-driven architecture.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for cycling apparel brands and independent bike shops. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform to connect the cycling industry ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it.
What you’ll do:
- Manage projects and problems of significantly larger scopes.
- Formulate an efficient game plan for delivering a stable, well-tested feature on time.
- Make technical recommendations that improve the codebase while minimizing risk.
- Identify and fix (or, ideally, avoid) bugs and performance bottlenecks.
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across other technical and product teams.
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and other team processes.
What you MUST have:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with Ruby on Rails (Python, Go, PHP, or Java is ok too).
- Experience with e-Commerce/Web Applications.
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services.
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
What we’ll love about you:
- You strive at identifying impactful and innovative solutions to complex problems and can effortlessly communicate your thinking to a range of stakeholders - from engineering to non-technical executives.
- You’re curious, humble, experimental, and willing to try, fail, learn and try again.
- Highly analytical - ask the right questions to uncover actionable insights.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.