Veloklub is the first social marketplace and media platform dedicated to the modern cyclist, showcasing curated collections and exclusive drops from the world’s most innovative cycling brands in collaboration with artists, personalities, streetwear, and activewear brands. Our platform offers an interactive shopping experience along with original and impactful content, including daily editorials, stories, films, and documentaries all centered around cycling culture and lifestyle.
We’re looking for a product-driven Lead Android Engineer with a strong appreciation for great design not only in products and visual presentation, but also in code and technical architecture. In this role you will collaborate cross-functionally with product design, marketplace ops, analytics and more to ensure a solid end-to-end strategy and execution.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience building and launching high quality Android apps and is excited about researching new methods or technologies that improve the architecture, user experience or engineering process.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for cycling apparel brands and independent bike shops. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform to connect the cycling industry ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it.
What you’ll do:
- Be a part of a small but nimble team expanding the mobile retail experience.
- Use product requirements and technical designs to write well-engineered, robust code.
- Contribute to the design of the application architecture and its constituent software components.
- Work with team to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments.
- Contribute to the innovation, data, design, critique, and continual improvement of the app.
- Keep up to date with the latest capabilities and features of each Android release.
What you MUST have:
- 5+ years of experience building high quality Android apps.
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience leading engineers and technical projects.
- Experience with Java & Kotlin
- Experience shipping at least one app, currently in Google Play Store is ideal.
- Experience writing and utilizing unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code.
What we’ll love about you:
- You strive at identifying impactful and innovative solutions to complex problems and can effortlessly communicate your thinking to a range of stakeholders - from engineering to non-technical executives.
- You’re curious, humble, experimental, and willing to try, fail, learn and try again.
- Highly analytical - ask the right questions to uncover actionable insights.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.