Veloklub is the first social marketplace and media platform dedicated to the modern cyclist, showcasing curated collections and exclusive drops from the world’s most innovative cycling brands in collaboration with artists, personalities, streetwear, and activewear brands. Our platform offers an interactive shopping experience along with original and impactful content, including daily editorials, stories, films, and documentaries all centered around cycling culture and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer, to work in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented, and growing team. The ideal candidate has 6+ years of work experience developing in Shopify/Shopify Plus. This is an opportunity to have direct input into the creation of foundational processes and systems that shape the future of the business and scale our e-commerce platform globally.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for cycling apparel brands and independent bike shops. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform to connect the cycling industry ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it.
What you’ll do:
- Create innovative solutions on a global scale, consumed by cycling enthusiasts all around the world.
- Design core infrastructure and platform components for a fast-growing start-up
- Write well-organized, robust code with maintainability and scalability in mind.
- Carefully implement designs to pixel-perfection standards from a defined design system.
- Employ a patient attention to detail and produce high-quality results.
- Amaze customers by creating personalized experiences crafted with care.
- Collaborate directly with Design and Product to create meaningful and delightful experiences.
- Work in a modern stack, with unique challenges and an always evolving environment.
- Be a technical leader with the team you work with.
What you MUST have:
- 6+ years of work experience developing in Shopify/Shopify Plus, demonstrated in a portfolio.
- Proven track record and examples of experience developing in Shopify using Liquid.
- Significant experience building server-side software and services (such as secure and scalable APIs, microservices, internal tools, or data pipelines).
- A deep understanding of the use cases with Shopify’s Sections and Blocks and its relation with JSON.
- A deep understanding of using Shopify’s various public APIs.
- Experience optimizing web performance (time-to-first byte, time-to-first paint, perceived performance).
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Proficiency in using libraries and frameworks such as Bootstrap and React.
- Proficiency using build tools (ie. Gulp/Grunt, ThemeKit).
- Proficiency in working with version control systems (ie. Git).
- Proficiency with extracting assets from Creative (ie. PSD, XD, and AI files).
What we’ll love about you:
- Strong technical understanding of the core systems and services that power a best in class headless e-commerce website.
- You strive at identifying impactful and innovative solutions to complex problems and can effortlessly communicate your thinking to a range of stakeholders - from engineering to non-technical executives.
- You’re curious, humble, experimental, and willing to try, fail, learn and try again.
- Highly analytical - ask the right questions to uncover actionable insights.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.