Veloklub is the first social marketplace and media platform dedicated to the modern cyclist, showcasing curated collections and exclusive drops from the world’s most innovative cycling brands in collaboration with artists, personalities, streetwear, and activewear brands. Our platform offers an interactive shopping experience along with original and impactful content, including daily editorials, stories, films, and documentaries all centered around cycling culture and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer to work in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented, and growing team. The ideal candidate has 6+ years of work experience developing in Shopify/Shopify Plus. This is an opportunity to have direct input into the creation of foundational processes and systems that shape the future of the business and scale our e-commerce platform globally.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for cycling apparel brands and independent bike shops. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform to connect the cycling industry ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it.
What you’ll do:
- Be a part of a highly collaborative and innovative team, expanding the mobile and desktop web experience.
- Contribute to a high-traffic consumer-facing web application, averaging over 10 million monthly visitors.
- Review code and collaborate with other engineers, including pair programming and sharing learnings at Lunch and Learns.
- Partner with product, design, marketing, and QA to deliver MVP-scoped features and validate its impact.
- Keep up to date with the latest web capabilities and features.
- Be a technical leader with the team you work with.
What you MUST have:
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer-facing single-page applications (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with NodeJS backend-for-frontends.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Experience with web performance (time-to-first byte, time-to-first paint, perceived performance).
- Huge plus if you have experience with microservices and/or micro-frontends.
- Huge plus if you have experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Golang.
- Huge plus if you have experience with WeChat mini program development.
What we’ll love about you:
- Strong technical understanding of the core systems and services that power a best in class headless e-commerce website.
- You strive at identifying impactful and innovative solutions to complex problems and can effortlessly communicate your thinking to a range of stakeholders - from engineering to non-technical executives.
- You’re curious, humble, experimental, and willing to try, fail, learn and try again.
- Highly analytical - ask the right questions to uncover actionable insights.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.